|All the material located at this web page address|
is © J. C. Adamson, and prior years,
unless otherwise noted.
Daniels & Fisher was Denver's prestigious department store for the first half of the twentieth century. The company was sold to May Department Stores in the mid-fifties, and merged with the May Co. stores that operated in Denver. The new May D&F opened its doors in 1958.
The grand old building was left vacant for two decades. During Denver's first Urban Renewal project in the 1970s, the old store was torn down, leaving only the tower. After several attempts, a development plan was finally completed, and the tower was reopened as a very small office tower, a quarter century after it had been vacated.
This drawing was the cover illustration for Daniels & Fisher's 1944 annual report.
Click on the image above to load the 412 kb jpeg file, which makes a print about 7"×9" at 300 pixels per inch. The image is in the public domain (no longer protected by copyright) and may be reproduced.
© J. C. Adamson, 1996